Most of us are familiar with Black Pepper or its botanical name, Piper nigrum, as it is used in a multitude of culinary dishes and is a vital spice to have in the kitchen. Before it sat peacefully in your pantry or in a shaker on the counter, Black Pepper was once considered sacred and was even used as a form of currency. It was so valuable that it was once traded for gold. Black Pepper Essential Oil’s range of benefits is quite impressive. Apart from its antibacterial and antioxidant properties, it is also rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron, vitamin k, and beta-carotene. Medicinally, it is used to support the digestive and nervous systems. With its warming and energizing properties, it works to stimulate circulation and uplift the emotional state. Piperine is one of the active ingredients found in Black Pepper Essential Oil and is imperative to health due to its antioxidant, antimicrobial, and gastro-protective modules. Taking 1-2 drops internally, or applied topically, the power of Black Pepper Essential Oil has the ability to support the body systems and relieve a multitude of health concerns.
• Aids digestion- Ease discomfort from constipation, diarrhea, or gas. Take 1-2 drops internally by adding to a smoothie, soup, or your favorite savory dish.
• Relieve muscle aches- Add 1-2 drops into a carrier oil and rub over the area of concern. The warm, spicy, fragrance of Black Pepper Essential oil creates a heated sensation on the skin, bringing relief to sore, tight muscles. Anti-inflammatory properties in Black Pepper penetrate the skin and work from within to reduce inflammation and pain.
• Non-toxic DIY perfume- Black Pepper Essential Oil is a great addition to floral or woody scents like Bergamot or Cedarwood. The muskiness of Black Pepper brings a sense of balance to feminine floral scents and when added to earthy scents like Patchouli or Cedarwood, it creates a masculine aroma that is known to be grounding, yet enticing.
• Curb cigarette cravings- Inhaling Black Pepper Essential Oil has shown significant reduction in cigarette cravings and anxiety. Inhale from the bottle or diffuse in the home to calm anxiety and curb intense cravings.
• Alleviate congestion- Apply 1-2 drops of Black Pepper Essential Oil in combination with a carrier oil, and rub on to the chest for easier breathing and relief from congested airways.
Botanical Name: Piper nigrum
Plant Part: Dried Berries
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Color: Colorless to greenish liquid.
Strength of Aroma: Medium
Aromatic Scent: Black Pepper Essential Oil has a strong, sharp, spicy-smelling oil. It is faintly reminiscent of clove oil.
Cautions: Black Pepper Essential Oil may cause irritation to sensitive skins and using too much could over-stimulate the kidneys and should be avoided in pregnancy due to its possible skin sensitizing effect.
Disclaimer: The information provided is general and should not be taken as medical advice. Neither Apricoty, Inc. nor associated business entities guarantee the accuracy of the information. Please consult your doctor, especially if being used during pregnancy, before using this product. You are also encouraged to test the product to ensure that it meets your needs, before use.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including myrcene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov or our Proposition 65 page.
The FDA has not evaluated the statements on this website. No claims are made by Apricoty, Inc. as to the medicinal value of any products from Apricoty, Inc. The information presented here is for educating our customers about the traditional uses of essential oils and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. You are responsible for understanding the safe application of these products. If you have any questions, please call or email us for further information.